“After discovering a small, blue, fast hedgehog, a small-town police officer must help it defeat an evil genius who wants to do experiments on it”
I am very excited to talk about this movie for two reasons
- This is my very first post of a movie for Girl in Media and I am very intersted in my audience (you guys) will think of it
- I’m a big fan of this movie and love all the characters (especially Jim Carrey, which everyone would of assumed from my first post)
Charaters, Cast, Crew
This movie was realesed on the 14th of Feburuay 2020, the movie was directed by Jeff Fowler who considently only directed one other short film before directoring this movie, I give him very big props for that.
So first off lets talk about Sonic, I really liked his character, I knew he was going to potray the protagonist. But I actucally ended up liking him a lot better then I thought. The actor Ben Shwartz who was also The Simpsons, Parks and Recreations, House of Lies and Modern Family did a really good job as him.
James Marsden who plays Tom, Sonics kind of Dad? (Anyone else) plays a kind of stupid character in this in my opinion, he has some heroic moments but overall not that smart (Like come on he answers to donut lord, got to love it though)
And now Jim Carrey’s Character Dr Robotnik AKA Eggman. I know im biased but he was perfect for this character and made it so worth the wait, like that dance scene. That scene had me smiling ear to ear. I’d also like to state with the end credit scene of his character that they set it up perfectly for another movie
I am just going to share below some of my favuorite trivia I know from the movie
- Tom Holland, Josh Gad, Chris Pratt, Andy Samberg, Bill Hader, Will Forte, Jim Parsons, Charlie Day, Paul Rudd, and Adam Devine were all considered for the voice of Sonic. (I love this one because I know all of these actors and anyone of them would of been hilarious in the role)
- Jim Carrey is Ben Shwartz’s favorite actor and hero.(This one just got to my heart a bit, I’m with you Ben Shwartz)
- John Cena and Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson are currently considered for the role of Knuckles in the sequel (Which do you think would be better?)
- The redesigns to Sonic cost an additional $5 million, and caused the VFX studio Moving Picture Company to close down its Vancouver studio. (Honestly it was for the better)
I don’t even care that this isn’t the only goof they had during the whole movie but, how did any member of the crew allow the creation of this sonic (On the left) to be made into a trailer. Like what is that, it’s like someone got a human face morfied it with a spiky/ soft looking animal and added a who nose. (Or is it just me)
I just wanted to add a few more things about the movie and the actors in it.
james Marsden was not the first only actor considered for the role, although I do believe he was the best for it.
This is Jim Carrey’s first back to screen movie (Or actucally good movie) in about 5 yerars. The reasoning behind this was that he kind of went off the tracks and believed we werre all sims and we were being played with and had life already mapped out. This is partically due to his girlfriend who commited sucided. He’s had a pretty hard life in the last decade or so and just so happy he’s getting back to his old roots ( the good 90 movies he stared in)
Overall the movie was pretty good and the CGI, I was verey impressed with. Jeff Fowler did a really good job and I can’t wait to see what else he comes up with